Thanks for visiting Elder Passantino's blog. Please take a few seconds to leave a comment under the latest post, it's a great way to let him know you are thinking of him because we send them to him on a weekly basis!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Hi family and friends!

Dear Family and Friends, It was a good birthday week. Some of the Elders and Sister missionaries threw a little surprise party for me so that was nice :) My comp told me there was a ´´meeting´´ that night in the church and they got me good. haha. We were able to go to Mendoza this week and have a leadership consel again. A seventy came, Elder Resek. It was a great experience. It was one of the few times that I have seen President Avila cry so much. You could really feel the love that he had for us. There were about 12 of the elders there that will be leaving in August and he had a hard time sharing to us Jacob 5:71-72 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come. And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things. It was a special moment to hear that and to recommit myself to endure to the end and work until my last day. It seems like the days just go faster now and that there is a short time left to cherish as a full time missionary. Luckily there are so many amazing people here. We are teaching some awesome people. There is one person named Marsela who bought a dress to come to church adaquately this week. It was so cool to see her do that. She will be getting baptized soon. I have had a renewed faith in the Book of Mormon and a renewed testimony of it. I just think its impossible for someone to read it with real intent and ask God if its true and to not receive an answer of its truthfulness. That book has changed my life and I have no doubt of its divine origin and message. ´´...It came fourth as Joseph said it came fourth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the travail of the latter days.´´ (Jeffrey R. Holland, Safety for the Soul) I have seen firsthand how it brings hope and happiness. Logically to me(although I speak with my own bias) it makes sense that a God filled with infinite love and compassion for his children would provide another rock foundation where his children could be sure of the truth. God is aware of the multitude of churches, organizations and beliefs that profess Him and his infinite goodness and grace about Him and His Son and has done the best He could to make himself personable to us. He made himself known from the beginning to our first parents Adam and Eve and gave them counsel and direction, commandments, hope and a correct idea of what kind of being he was. The whole reason we have the Bible is because he revealed himself to man and commanded them to write what they saw, heard, felt and what he told them to write. He wants us to know who He is so He reveals himself to special people called prophets(Amos 3:7,Numbers 12:6,8) I think one of the things that makes him sadest is some of the concepts people have of Him. It usually is a great ´´something bigger´´ but defining him is almost impossible. Thats why He sent His Son to show us exactly who He was, for Christ was the ´´brightness of his glory and the express image of his person.´´(Hebrews 1:3) He gave us the scriptures so that we would know who he is and still there is so much confusion and so many different religions. He brought fourth the Book of Mormon to show us who He really is and to end the discussion about it. In his love he brought it forth so there wouldnt be need for any more confusion. I will be forever grateful to Him for bringing to light the Book of MOrmon and all that it entails. I love you all and wish everyone a great week! Love Elder Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment