Thanks for visiting Elder Passantino's blog. Please take a few seconds to leave a comment under the latest post, it's a great way to let him know you are thinking of him because we send them to him on a weekly basis!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hola from Rawson!

Well its been a really great week!! We are working hard here in Rawson and doing our best to help change peoples lives and bring them closer to Christ. The weather in San Juan has been semi hot and a little rainy. Its nice to have the rain thought because it is very refreshing. My companion and I are getting along very well. Its amazing how someone from Uruguay and The United States can live together, get along great and be good friends. It really all traces back to the Gospel and the love that we have for our Savior. The knowledge that we are all sons and daughters of God also just helps us to love everyone despite everything.

I was asked to give a talk this week on Missionary work in the ward. After having giving so many talks in my last area I feel much more comfortable speaking in front of everyone in Spanish now. I really felt the Spirit help me know what to say and help me with all the words. I felt very content after the talk and I know I said what the Lord wanted said. I talked about how the preaching the Gospel is completing the God's purpose,to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. It is really amazing how everyone in the Gospel centers back on the Savior Jesus Christ. He is the cornerstone and the rock of our salvation. He really is everything and I love him with all my heart. The more I live the more I come to realize how eternally grateful I am for what he did for me, opening the gate to salvation and exaltation, if I will only accept him and have a living faith in him. I am also grateful for what he still does, by guiding his church by the rock of revelation! I am so grateful to be a missinoary and bear the good news that he is the only name given under heaven whereby a man may be saved. How great is my calling!!

We had interviews with the mission President yesterday. That was phenominal as always. He is a man with an extraordinary Spirit, who has an unshakable faith in the Gospel. He always makes us feel so good and ready to work even harder and accomplish seemly impossible tasks. It will be so sad when he leaves from his 3 year mission in July, but I will always remeber the important lessons he taught me and pass them on. He has really helped me understand the difference between successful people and those who aren't. He has taught the mission a lot of things and he looks tired, but I love him and I will always be grateful for him.

There really isn't too much to report this week. It was a week of searching for those who are prepared to hear the message of the Gospel. I did find out that my companion is a big LAKERS fan!! Oh ya!! That raised him up in my book! They even got that there in Uruguay. I am grateful for where I am and the experiences I am having. I feel so much more prepared for the life that I have to come. I know that the Gospel is true and that no matter who you are, what circumstances you have, the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer. I love you all with all my heart!

Sincerely,
Elder Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment