Thanks for visiting Elder Passantino's blog. Please take a few seconds to leave a comment under the latest post, it's a great way to let him know you are thinking of him because we send them to him on a weekly basis!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hola Familia!

Hola a todos!!!
Well its been a week to remember that is for sure! So as you all know transfers were this week and I thought that Elder Crossa and I were going to stay here in Rawson, but that's not what happened. Elder Crossa left to Mendoza and I stayed with an Elder who came in my group named Elder Austin. SO we have the same time. I got asked to be senior companion and the District Leader! I was way surprised but humbled for the responsibility and trust from the Lord. It´s only my fifth transfer on the mission and I still have so much to learn but I guess we get put in quick growing and learning positions sometimes huh?? I am grateful too because the District is awesome!! They all have a desire to work and work very hard for the cause of the Lord. For this I am grateful :) Hahaha well my companion is a great guy too!! I think the best way to describe him is just a big ball of fun! Oh man the first hour I was with him he spilt milk all over the floor and the table, and then a half an hour later spilt soda everywhere. Then when we started walking he tripped three times and fell down while climbing up the stairs!!! It is so funny sometimes with him but he has a desire to work harder than any of my other companions and has a powerful testimony. He is a great man and we laugh so much each day just because of the kind of person he is :) It should be a very fun and successful transfer!!! I am way excited and so is he and that is just the thing you need in this work!! Excitement for the work of the Lord. My comp looks a bit like Syndrome from the incredibles, mixed with Chris Farley. haha its fun.

The zone of San Juan is awesome as well, and my old good friend Elder Sansford moved here to be the Zone Leader, so I get to learn more from him and get to talk to him every night verifying. We have a huge vision for the zone based on the vision of the stake President. There is a big push and focus to work more and more with the ward and get them involved as much as possible. It makes the work so much easier and brings the fire of the Gospel when we are all working together under one cause, ´´inviting others to come unto Christ.´´ We have all the tools necessary to bring to pass miracles, and we just need to work and trust in God. Its going to be a great transfer!!!

This week we committed a girl named Florencia to baptism for the 30th of April!! Woo Hoo!!! She has been looking for the truth for a while and has felt the confirmation that this is the truth! She went to conference a the last week and said that she felt one of the talks was speaking right to her the whole time :) Aint that the truth?? She has also had spiritual experience while reading the book of MOrmon and praying to know if it was true. The miracle is that we teach to the best of our Spanish abilty... and then if they will read ponder, pray and go to church the Lord will tell them through the Spirit if it is true or not. I love how merciful the Lord is with us, because if we truly want to know the truth and we search with a diligent heart, we will find it. Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. That is the promise that God will not leave you to your own. As long as we allow all truth to penitrate our hearts, and ask Him who cannot lie, he will tell us the truth. I love the Lord my God. I am forever grateful. I love this work. And I love all of you!

Sincerely,
Elder Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment