Thanks for visiting Elder Passantino's blog. Please take a few seconds to leave a comment under the latest post, it's a great way to let him know you are thinking of him because we send them to him on a weekly basis!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Fam and Friends

Dear Family and Friends,

It was an amazing experience to go back and see some of the people I got to know from my first area in Rodeo de la Cruz. It really showed me how much love I feel for the people here and how much I love my mission. I was able to see Rocio and Luciano for the first time in over a year. They were the first two people that I was privelged to baptize. They had grown up a ton. Everything felt so familiar though it was awesome, almost as if I had never left. Some members I went to see had gotten married and had kids, it was crazy. I was also blessed to see Denise, and her mother(Sofia) whom we had the opportunity to baptize. They were doing so well. The two girls ages 14 and 17 had just gone to EFY down here in Argentina and had a blast and grew sooo much spiritually! It was so satisfying to see them happy and actively progressing in the Gospel! There is no greater joy than seeing the power of the Gospel change lives and literally make them so much much happier. It was an experience that I will always cherish. And I´m grateful for my companion who was willing to truck along with me.

We had another amazing Consejo(counsel?) with our Mission President and the Assistents on Tuesday. It is always so uplitfting. We talked a lot about Miracles and what preceeds a miracle. We learned about working with ward leaders and many other things. A quote that I like from him is, ´´The Lord can´t do anything until we do everything.
He used this when talking about miracles. Obviously the Lord sheds forth his tender mercies on all but when we seek His divine help to bring to pass something we dont have the power to do we need to do everything. I am so grateful to be where I am and to be doing what I am doing. I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment