Thanks for visiting Elder Passantino's blog. Please take a few seconds to leave a comment under the latest post, it's a great way to let him know you are thinking of him because we send them to him on a weekly basis!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hola!!! Find out about Transfers today!

Hola Familia y amigos!!!
Well another week has come and gone and I will find out about transfers today! The mission is really flying! By next week I will be a ¼ of the way done, which is so crazy… About transfers, I will find out in a couple hours, but what we are pretty sure is going to happen is that Elder Morinico will be transferred out of the area and I will stay and lead the area when a new Elder comes in. I really am hoping that that happens!!!! This week was the first week that we hit every one of our goals! We worked really hard, and did our best to seek the Lords guidance on where to go and it paid off big time!! It is a happy feeling knowing that you worked as hard as you can and feel the Lord do the rest.
It was great; Tuesday I did divisions with one of the zone Leaders Elder Fielding!! He is such an awesome Elder and we really hit it off! We accomplished a lot and saw a totally different way to work which I loved. It was pretty crazy though, whenever I have been with Elder Morinico we haven´t had any problems with guys trying to rob us or anything, but when I was with Elder Fielding (Huge white guy from Idaho) these guys harassed us a bit. They asked him if he was a yankee, and he said ´´no, soy Ruso.´´ which means no I´m Russian! It was pretty funny and they didn’t mess with us after that. There are always big groups of teenagers hanging our drinking and smoking outside, so we always try to avoid them. If you look or are latin, they don’t really mess with you, but if not they might mess with you a little. It´s really sad here, the problem with drinking and smoking. Kids here begin smoking at around age 12 and it’s terrible. Whenever we see that we try to help them out and tell them that it’s bad. And even the 8 yr old kids can buy alcohol here. It´s really hard to see. We do what we can to help, but sometimes all we can do is pray and be a good example.
We have been working with this week with the daughter of a member and her family. We have become really good friends with the. The daughter of the member and her children especially. She is about 40 and really kind to us. We tried working with her husband too, but he wasn´t ever interested and was pretty quite. They have three really awesome kids together ages 12, 7, and 5. The other day we went to her house, and we both could feel something was wrong. She wasn´t saying much, so we began to talk to her a bit. Right when I was just about to ask what was really going on, my companion asked, ´´how are you really.´´ she then began to cry and went on to tell her that her husband had left her. She has been telling the kids that he went to his parent’s house, because she doesn´t know how to tell them. She was devastated and so were we. As 20 years old guys, it’s hard for us to understand her pain, but luckily we have just the message that can heal her broken heart. We gave her some comfort, and prepared for the next time we would see her. As we went the next time, she said the only reason she continues on is for her children. Elder Morinico gave her an inspired talk about who she really was and about our purpose for this life. Then I spoke about the Savior and concentrated all I said on him and His words. I read Matt 11:28-30, and remembered other scriptures that I hadn´t really thought much about before. I surprised myself when I had spoken in perfect Spanish the things of my soul, and the things the Spirit prompted me to say regarding Jesus Christ. We were all overcome with the Spirit and she said all that we had said was true. She is opening her heart little by little to be relieved of the burden of this horrible experience, and brought into the light of his glorious rest, found in the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
There are sweet moments like that, when you are overcome by the Spirit and feel the pure love that God our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ have for us. This week the thing that has been impressed upon my mind is the need to align our will with the will of God. The Spirit has been prompting me that if I want to become the man God wants me to be, then I need to put my will on the altar of sacrifice. If I want the mission to bless others and myself, I need to be willing to follow his will, and to make his will my will. Even ´´bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.´´ It is the hardest thing to do, to literally choose the Lords will, but when we do, we no longer want the things that mean so little, but we begin to want those things which mean so much. I want to live my life in Holiness to the Lord, but I need His help to do it!
I love my mission with all my heart, but I love the Lord more! He is everything to me. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for Him and his infinite sacrifice! I am grateful for the greatest family in the world for an amazing support. I am grateful that I have so many beloved friends and (sister of course:) who are serving along side me as representatives of the Risen Christ. And for all my friends who are not, but that have loved and supported me, and helped shape me into the man I am! I love you all and am excited to tell you the outcome of what happens tonight!!!

Love,
Elder Passantino

1 comment:

  1. I believe the mission you are doing is great. I actually had my argentina travel with the possibility of helping a bunch of kids that lived in the church. It was a gratifying experience!

    ReplyDelete