Thanks for visiting Elder Passantino's blog. Please take a few seconds to leave a comment under the latest post, it's a great way to let him know you are thinking of him because we send them to him on a weekly basis!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Dear Family and Friends

Dear Family and Friends :)

It has been another great week and I doing way good. I have been a little sick lately which hasn´t been too fun, but I am doing good. It´s starting to get really cold here now, but luckily I am prepared for that! Just need to get a beenie lol. I went on a couple divisions this week and that was a lot of fun. I got to go with my Zone Leader Elder White and get to know him. He was only baptized a year before his mission too, so both of my Zone Leaders, Elder Sanford and Elder White have been in the mission for longer than they have been members of the church. It is just another testimony to me of the truthfulness of the work! They put their faith on the line and saw the blessings that came from it. They each have a firm testimony of the truth and are great examples! I really love and respect them a lot!!

Well, this weekend we had the baptism of Fabricio. It was so great! We all felt the Spirit a lot and he knew what he was doing was right and what God wanted him to do. He is a great guy. He speaks English perfectly and knows a little Italian and Portuguese. He is 22 years old and a way sweet guy. He is finishing his work at San Juan University right now. It was a long journey to his baptism, but he was so happy he made that one step closer to Christ and was filled with happiness :) This work is so amazing and satisfying!! I know that it is the work of the Lord. It was also great how the Ward rallied around him to support him in all of his trials and the love that was shown. It was such a great experience. For a refreshment after the baptism we made pancakes and syrup for all the people. It was funny because they all loved it and had never really eaten it before. They were stumped as to what maple syrup was haha, but they all liked it a lot:)

Tomorrow, Fabricio´s family is making an Asado for ELder Hopkin and I because of my birthday, and his mom´s birthday, so we are excited for that!!! It should be way good! By the way thanks so much for the Birthday wishes!! I love and miss you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment